A quality relationship has two Pillars, just like Boaz and Jachin, the legendary pillars of Solomon’s Temple, extrapolating it to an enduring temple of love:
Based on my research so far, conducted on various and multiple examples of such relationships that already stood the test of time, I identified the armature of such a “building”, a must-check list when evaluating the potential of a relationship with astrology. All points on the list are present in long-term quality romantic/marital - type relationships, in various degrees for each point, and having all of them prominent in synastry/composite actually qualifies for an astrological theoretical model of romantic relationships. This model describes the best identified relationships.
I will detail each point on the list in subsequent articles. Before proceeding to the list itself, and since this analysis includes major love/marital asteroids, I need to define the list of asteroids and call them LOVE ASTEROIDS (L.A.)
The essential Love Asteroids (L.A.) I use for such analysis:
Union (1585): major asteroid signifying the couple, the principle of relationship and union
Amor (1221): which I identify as one's greatest love in this life
Cupido (763): being stricken by Cupid's arrow, striking your arrow into someone's heart, initial attraction, the act of infatuation; in the context of a solid synastry, a source of a cyclic rejuvenation of “infatuation”
Valentine (447): falling in love, being in love, really in love, the principle of romantic love
Eros/Psyche (433/16): the Eros/Psyche myth, plus Eros viewed as our deep erotic nature, often involving transformation and sometimes with Kundalini rising undertones, and Psyche: the soul, the beauty of our soul, what touches one's soul deeply.
Lust (4386): sexual attraction, general awakening to the joy of living
Lilith - BML (Mean and True BML): passion and desire, sometimes dark-toned relationships (forbidden, compulsive etc.)
Priapus (h22): compulsive desire to merge physically and totally, great physical attraction and desire
Juno (3): one's destined partner/relational style
Vesta (4): the sacred flame, passion, something very valuable to us, what we cherish, fidelity
Ceres: the nurturer, taking care of one another, cozy, warm and plentiful; themes of co-dependency, for good or bad
Alma (390): the soul
Karma (3811): from a synastric point of view, common, shared life (destiny)
Pholus (5145): a turning point; the relationship as a crucial, life-changing event
We first look at the major aspects between planets, angles and Nodes, then the similarity/complementarity between natal charts and in synastry, both described below in THE CONNECTIONS to establish if we have grounds for such a relationship, then we look at asteroids. There's no point in looking at asteroid connections before the planetary analysis, since it may produce false results.
The topic is romantic relationships, but many of these aspects can be found in long-term valuable friendships.
1. Sun/Moon and Venus/Mars aspects between charts. Ideal: DW (double whammy)
Having a Sun/Moon AND a Venus/Mars DW is quite rare, so don't get discouraged. It's a theoretical ideal. Any major aspect between Sun/Moon and Venus/Mars in a synastry is particularly strong.
A DW should include a major aspect, the other could be: 4th harmonic (semisquare, sesquisquare), 5th harmonic (quintile, biquintile), 7th harmonic (septile), 9th harmonic (novile), 11th harmonic (undecile ), 12th harmonic (semisextile).
A combination within the same harmonic is valid too: for example Sun semisquare Moon, Sun sesquisquare Moon or Sun quintile Moon/Sun biquintile Moon, or Sun septile Moon/ Sun biseptile Moon, as it often creates a specific pattern related to that harmonic.
A combination between two esoteric aspects might also work, such as: Sun septile Moon, Sun novile Moon.
However, at least one major aspect between Sun/Moon and Venus/Mars is of great importance, even if we don't have a DW.
It is unlikely that a Twinflame synastry (as theoretical model) could be qualified as such without a Sun/Moon Venus/Mars DW, because the very definition of the Twinflame, applied to astrology, is a major Yin/Yang match between charts. Since these are our primary Yin/Yang planets, they would have to be matched first and foremost, for us to even consider the Twinflame possibility.
2. Planets in aspects with angles, especially conjunct, on both sides; L.A. conjunct angles, also mutually (not necessarily a DW of the same asteroid or planet)
3. IC involvement: planets conjunct/major aspects to IC or aspecting IC ruler
4. Planets in major aspect with Lunar Nodes, either/both of them, especially conjunct; L.A. conjunct nodes; angles conjunct Nodes
5. Squares to Nodes by major planets such as: Saturn, Sun, Moon, the angle axis
6. Vx/Avx axis activated by planets and L.A., on both sides
7. Saturn connections to luminaries in synastry and/or composite (major aspects); as variation, many aspects with Saturn and personal planets on both sides and/or in the composite, although the luminary connection seems to trump all the other combinations and it is incredibly strong.
8. Mutual overlays in Cardinal and Fixed houses and at least some of these houses activated in the composite; overlays in primary and secondary love houses.
9. Aspects and compatibility between love house rulers and angle rulers
10. Complementary (Siamese and Yin/Yang) aspects in natals and synastry
The Siamese aspects are similar aspects in both natal charts, for example both have a Sun/Mars aspect in their natal chart, thus share the same energy, the natal charts mirror each other by similarity. Yin/Yang aspects are two complimentary aspects in the two natal charts, for example one partner has Sun conjunct Mars, the other has Sun conjunct Venus, or Moon conjunct Venus in their natal chart, which creates a mirror by compatibility. The principles of similarity and complementarity apply to various layers of the natal charts, not just aspects, but also the sign/house dynamics. For example, a similarity can be found when one has Venus in Scorpio for instance, and the other has Mars in the 8th, this would create a layer of shared energy, essential to any compatibility.
Compatibility between two people, from a relational point of view, is always given by a right and rich amount of similar (Siamese) and complementary (Yin/Yang) traits.
11. PATTERN COMPLETION in synastry
12. A variation of planets/L.A. and L.A. combinations in close conjunction or DW or involved in regular closed patterns such as the Grand Cross and the Grand Trine or Kite, with a special note to:
Alma/Juno: alma "soul" juno "partner" = the soulmate
Venus/Psyche: soulful love
Venus/Karma: destined love
Union/Alma: soul union
Union/Psyche: soul union
Amor to angles, Sun, Moon, Venus, Neptune, Pluto and other L.A.
Valentine to angles, Sun, Moon, Venus, Neptune, Pluto and other L.A.
Ceres to angles, Sun, Moon, Venus, L.A.
13. Karma contacts: conjunctions/DW/patterns to any of the above
14. Planets conjunct house cusps in overlays, on both sides.